Matt, you should know by now that any Montezuma shot is never complete without the requisite photo of the legendary Duffyland Acres Estate (said picture window to the upper side facing righ)t:

Yes, it was pretty cool skiing that June 30th, as Matt picks his boards for the day

J. LEIGH DABOLL

From: Vermont Skiing Discussion and Snow Reports [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Matt Duffy
Sent: Sunday, April 15, 2012 9:02 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [SKIVT-L] Non-VT: Summit County Report

ahhh. haha. Yeah, it's been a hard year in Summit too, but Greg, a ~200 inch yeah in CO is a lot better than the same or similar snowfall here. CO mountains don't get thaws mid-winter, it never, ever rains between November and April, not even a little. The snow they got in November is still there. Sunbaked and rotted, sure, but it's still there and still skiable. Trust me, their "bad year" has been A LOT better than ours.

That said, I do love that Vermont is prone to 2-3 storms a year on average that drop 3+ feet at once, where in Summit County that happens 0-1 times per year. They get a more even, consistent chain of 6-12 inchers all year long(with occasional bigger drops) and none of it ever melts until spring.... so, make your own judgement on that.

And Matt K, I'm curious, do tell more about your Montezuma visit... how are things looking there? Particularly, the in-your-face face just to the right of main street in the middle of town... That was my favorite thing to ski there and often filled my living room window with memories while I sat on my couch taking my boots off after countless solo runs...Inline image 1