Has anyone seeded field peas and oats as a green manure this late in the
season (1 June) and had good enough growth to make it worth while. I've
usually seeded it in April,  but didn't get to all of it and now have a
bunch of seed left. If not peas, then any ideas for a good bulky, cheap
legume (not clover) for a summer rotation. My soil tests are all off the
charts for everything but nitrogen and I have to figure out how to grow
as much N as possible with minimal other inputs. Open to suggestions
from anyone who has had success with summer legumes. Soybeans?  ....Jake
Guest