David -

see this good fact sheet on seed corn maggot:
http://www.vegedge.umn.edu/vegpest/seedmag.htm

50% emergence of first generation of this pest is at about 350 degree
days, using 40 F base.

this site shows degree day accumulation and other info.
http://newa.cornell.edu/index.php?page=degree-days

If you click on degree days base 40 F and Burlington VT and April 2012
you see that 350 DD happened in mid-April.

The second generation then peaks (50% emergence) with about 1100 DD and
the third generation at 1800, so planting in between these windows is
the least risky for susceptible crops. There are almost 700 DD
acumulated now in your area so it is pretty safe to replant.

Vern