Hi everyone,

I have a situation concerning a piece of land that spans my town,
Guildhall, and a neighboring town, Lunenburg.  The piece is all on one
deed, and the attorney submitted the deed for recording and one PTTR for
the entire parcel; in the PTTR, field "M", "total price paid", stated the
price for the entire piece, not just for the Guildhall portion.  My
question is this: how can our listers determine the sale price for the
portion of land in Guildhall in this situation (data that they need for
their equalization study)?  Also, was it correct for the attorney to submit
one PTTR for the entire transaction, or should there be one PTTR per town
(in this case, one for Lunenburg and one for Guildhall)?  I'm not sure
about any of this--our town is so small that things like this come up very
rarely, and I'm relatively new--and I'd appreciate any input anybody might
have.

Thanks in advance,

Sam, Guildhall Town Clerk