-----Original Message-----
From: Vermont Municipal Government Discussion Network
[mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of Cummings, Patrick
Sent: Friday, June 15, 2012 11:02 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Vital Records update

With the legislative season behind us, there are always some questions about
what is happening at both the state and the federal level regarding Vital
Records and how might it affect the town offices.
For example, we have been very busy preparing for compliance with the Real
I.D. regulations, as well as implementing new processes to reduce the
potential for fraud with certificates.
There may be some towns that would like an update regarding what is
happening at the federal level (Real ID and/or Intelligence Reform Law) or
our own future plans in the Vital Records Office.
We would be happy to attend any regional meetings of the town clerks or
municipal officers to provide updates and answer any questions. If you'd
like one of us to attend a meeting, please contact me at
<mailto:[log in to unmask]> [log in to unmask] and provide
some options for days/times.
Thanks.
Richard McCoy
Public Health Statistics Chief