-----Original Message-----
From: Vermont Municipal Government Discussion Network
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Guildhall Town Clerk
Sent: Wednesday, June 20, 2012 2:50 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: PTTR question

Hi everyone,

I have a situation concerning a piece of land that spans my town,
Guildhall, and a neighboring town, Lunenburg.  The piece is all on one
deed, and the attorney submitted the deed for recording and one PTTR for
the entire parcel; in the PTTR, field "M", "total price paid", stated
the price for the entire piece, not just for the Guildhall portion.  My
question is this: how can our listers determine the sale price for the
portion of land in Guildhall in this situation (data that they need for
their equalization study)?  Also, was it correct for the attorney to
submit one PTTR for the entire transaction, or should there be one PTTR
per town (in this case, one for Lunenburg and one for Guildhall)?  I'm
not sure about any of this--our town is so small that things like this
come up very rarely, and I'm relatively new--and I'd appreciate any
input anybody might have.

Thanks in advance,

Sam, Guildhall Town Clerk
No virus found in this message.