-----Original Message-----
From: Vermont Municipal Government Discussion Network
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Heidi Racht
Sent: Monday, June 25, 2012 1:05 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Annual filing of homestead declaration

Without being an expert, I think that the annual filing makes sense and I do
like the later deadline. However, it's all this year-to-year change and back
and then forth again that makes things confusing. And, unless you deal with
this stuff on a regular basis, it can be very intimidating and people do
tend to put things off or even become overwhelmed to the point of not doing
anything, especially when it takes a lot of mental effort. At least, that's
my excuse....

 Just an FYI, The Miscellaneous local tax changes bill (H.782, Act 143) was