Without being an expert, I think that the annual filing makes sense and I
do like the later deadline. However, it's all this year-to-year change and
back and then forth again that makes things confusing. And, unless you
deal with this stuff on a regular basis, it can be very intimidating and
people do tend to put things off or even become overwhelmed to the point
of not doing anything, especially when it takes a lot of mental effort. At
least, that's my excuse....

 Just an FYI, The Miscellaneous local tax changes bill (H.782, Act 143) was