With the legislative season behind us, there are always some questions about what is happening at both the state and the federal level regarding Vital Records and how might it affect the town offices.
For example, we have been very busy preparing for compliance with the Real I.D. regulations, as well as implementing new processes to reduce the potential for fraud with certificates.
There may be some towns that would like an update regarding what is happening at the federal level (Real ID and/or Intelligence Reform Law) or our own future plans in the Vital Records Office.
We would be happy to attend any regional meetings of the town clerks or municipal officers to provide updates and answer any questions. If you'd like one of us to attend a meeting, please contact me at [log in to unmask] and provide some options for days/times.
Thanks.
Richard McCoy
Public Health Statistics Chief
Vermont Department of Health