For any town where the Clerk and Treasurer are separate offices, how do you split up the duties of Tax Collection?

-----Original Message-----
From: Vermont Municipal Government Discussion Network [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Doreen Woodward
Sent: Thursday, June 21, 2012 9:25 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Merchants Sweep Account

Amber, are you talking about the reimbursement we get from FEMA/State for storm damage?  I am not sure what your Town Administrator is referring to.  When a project is complete, and FEMA accepts the worksheet, they reimburse based on our expenses that we have already paid.  Why would there be a legal problem?

We pay our expenses from our General Fund; the "sweep" provision is simply a function of the bank depending on the account we hold with them.  The reimbursements go back into the same fund the payments came out of.

Doreen

Doreen Woodward
Town Clerk/Treasurer
Town of Westminster