Karen,

Not sure if you got my previous message? Here is the explanation.

They can participate in the primary elections because it is a nomination process so persons may participate in the nominations prior to taking the voter’s oath. You are correct that they would not be able to vote in town elections until they turn 18 because they would be casting a vote.

Lori Bjornlund

Elections Administrator

Office of the Secretary of State

128 State St.