Where we live on Snake Mountain in Cornwall and Bridport in the Addison
County Champlain Valley Lowlands, I rarely if ever hear any Hermit
Thrushes.  About the only time they get on a daily list is when I see
them during migration.   I can occasionally hear or encounter one higher
up on the mountain.

Wood Thrushes, however, are always present from late April through early
August.  Mornings and evenings we typically hear 3 to 6 singers from the
house.  And it is not uncommon to hear one or two at various times of
the day.

Veerys are nearly as common as the Wood Thrushes, heard either in song
or via their call.  They arrive about a week later than the Wood
Thrushes and depart about two weeks earlier.

Ian