   I was at at Mt. Ascutney Saturday morning for a local trail 5k and
10k running race and somebody mentioned that the helicopters had been
flying there on yesterday - Friday taking down down the quad chair
lift towers.  I went to the upper base lodge and there were all the
towers and parts laid out in the parking lot.
   Kind of a sad feeling when it is a removal.
   The lift is reported to be going to Crotched Mtn, NH.

   P.S. For any mountain bikers or trail runners (free access - no
fee) there are trail information signs at the lower base lodge area
and at the web site at:
     http://www.stabvt.org/

   - Randy