Hello,

Another good source to find information on grant seeking is the Foundation Center's web site.
http://www.foundationcenter.org/

The Foundation Center produces a subscription database called the Foundation Directory Online which is very useful for finding private funders.
You can get access to the database by going to a Foundation Center "cooperating collection" near you. Cooperating collections are often in libraries and provide access to materials and databases from the Foundation Center.

From the FC web site:
"Participants in the Foundation Center's Cooperating Collections network are libraries or nonprofit information centers that provide fundraising information and other funding-related technical assistance in their communities. Cooperating Collections agree to provide free public access to the Center's online databases and a basic collection of Foundation Center publications during a regular schedule of hours, offering free funding research guidance to all visitors. Many also provide a variety of other services for local nonprofit organizations, using staff or volunteers to prepare special materials, organize workshops, or conduct orientations."

To see if there is a Foundation Center Cooperating Collection near you go to:
http://foundationcenter.org/collections/

The library I work in has cooperating collection and is used pretty regularly.

Best Regards,
Martha

Martha Sullivan
New Jersey State Library