Our patient care team is seeking to lower their rates of blood specimen contamination by not using an existing line.  Since this will be a change for patients and may cause some discomfort with the additional blood draw, they are wanting to provide information to the patient as to why this change is necessary.  There is plenty of patient information regarding blood specimen collection in general, but I was wondering if there is information out there on this particular aspect of the process.  Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Sonya Palmer
Medical Library
INTEGRIS Southwest Medical Center.
Oklahoma City, OK

This e-mail may contain identifiable health information that is subject to protection under state and federal law. This information is intended to be for the use of the individual named above. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited and may be punishable by law. If you have received this electronic transmission in error, please notify us immediately by electronic mail (reply).