Re Medicaid funding:

"Nothing in our opinion precludes Congress from offering funds under the
ACA to expand the availability of health care, and requiring that states
accepting such funds comply with the conditions on their use. What Congress
is not free to do is to penalize States that choose not to participate in
that new program by taking away their existing Medicaid funding." (p. 55)

Decision was 5-4, with Roberts joining the liberal wing.

www.scotusblog.com

--
Julie Stielstra, MLS
Manager, Knowledge Resource Library

"Never...be mean in anything; never be false; never be cruel. Avoid those
three vices...and I can always be hopeful of you."  -- Betsy Trotwood to
David Copperfield (Charles Dickens)