The Bibliography Committee of ACRL's Distance Learning Section is seeking volunteers to annotate the 6th Bibliography of Library Services for Distance Learning.

To volunteer or ask any questions, please contact Bibliography Committee co-chair, Robert Miller: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

The Bibliography is published online. Typically, the Bibliography Committee sends a volunteer 3-5 citations to annotate. The citations are primarily for journal articles, but annotators sometimes work on monographs, Web sites, and other sources.

Annotations are usually a paragraph long. To see the type of annotations we use, you can access the 4th and 5th editions of the Bibliography at our committee Web site: http://caspian.switchinc.org/~distlearn/committees/bibliography/index.html

Writing annotations for the Bibliography is an opportunity to contribute to the distance-library community of practice. Your name will appear with each annotation you write, and a list of annotators and their institutions is published as part of the Bibliography.