I agree with Matt here.

The fall on Ovation? That's all on Mr. Rock.

The sled tipping over. That's something that needs to be looked at
carefully.

I assume all risks if I'm in the backcountry, including the possibility of
a botched rescue. But if I'm hurt on an open ski trail, and they botch the
rescue. That's on them. That's part of why one skis at a resort. The rescue
should be professional and effective.

Greg

On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 10:54 AM, Matthew Kulas <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Me too.  But if a patroller grossly screws up, through negligence or what
> have you, and further injures you, I think taking legal recourse is
> reasonable.  Let's say, for example, that a patroller's sled technique
> wasn't up to basic standards, the patroller hadn't been trying to improve
> his or her technique, the area's patrol turned a blind eye--maybe signing
> of on tests as having been passed when they weren't--and as a result of the
> patroller's lack of competency, you are injured.  Having to pay damages
> would hopefully cause that area's patrol to no longer ignore incompetence
> and cover-up lack of training.
>
> On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 10:37 AM, Michael Taub <[log in to unmask]>wrote:
>

>> On Jun 26, 2012, at 10:30 AM, Get Skied wrote:
>>

>> Maybe I'm just biased as a backcountry skier and a bike racer, but I've
>> never thought to blame others for my own injuries suffered on account of my
>> choice to participate in these activities. Even inside the bounds of a ski
>> area or a sanctioned bike race.
>>

>> I pretty much agree with this.
>>
>> Mike

"I'm a simple man, Hobbes."
"You?? Yesterday you wanted a nuclear powered car that could turn into a
jet with laser-guided heat-seeking missiles!"
"I'm a simple man with complex tastes."