On Jun 27, 2012, at 11:25 AM, Get Skied wrote:

The skivt-l list seems to survive based on its crotchedy uniqueness, culture, and longtime contributors (admittedly in decline), not because it is a cutting edge forum for ski discussion (it isnt).

yeah, in a lot of ways, as we've moved to more of a back-country group, the existence of lurkers like Jon and his friends inhibit what I'll talk about.  You don't know who is eavesdropping, and what their agenda may be.  But with all the news about Facebook these days, I'm finding that these old school email lists are having more appeal.

Mike