Dear colleagues

Apologies for any duplicate mailings. Please pass on this information to any colleagues whom you believe may be interested.

We are seeking to fill 3 permanent academic positions at St Andrews. These include a Professorship in Environmental Earth Sciences, a Lectureship in Environmental Earth Sciences and a Lectureship in Geobiology. For my North American colleagues, Lectureship appointments in the UK equate to tenure-track Assistant Professor positions in the USA or Canada.

For the Environmental Earth Science posts, we are looking for candidates with expertise in biogeochemistry or Earth surface processes, to complement existing research being undertaken by Tim Hill, Michael Singer, Ruth Robinson and I. For the Geobiology post, we are looking for candidates who will complement the research interests of not only our environmental colleagues but also our more geologically-minded colleagues; e.g. a colleague with interests in organic geochemistry, environmental aqueous geochemistry, isotope geochemistry/biogeochemistry, geomicrobiology, soil/environmental microbiology, etc. We are keeping our search as broad as possible for all 3 positions.

Brief job descriptions are provided below. Interested applicants can find out more about our department at this link:

http://earthsci.st-andrews.ac.uk/index.aspx

Applications can be made via the St Andrews vacancies page here:

https://www.vacancies.st-andrews.ac.uk/welcome.aspx

Cheers
Yit

*

(1) Professor in Environmental Earth Sciences - ME1114

Details: As part of a continuing investment programme, the Department of Earth and Environmental Sciences invites applications for a Chair in Environmental Earth Sciences to teach and establish world-leading research groups.

Candidates will have an outstanding record of innovative internationally recognised research, publications and funding success. Although no restriction is placed on the specific area of expertise, we seek to build on and enhance research expertise in biogeochemistry and Earth Surface Processes.

This is one of three posts being advertised with the Department, the other two being a Lectureship in Environmental Earth Sciences (post ref ME1196) and a Lectureship in Geobiology (post ref ME1195).

Further details are given on http://earthsci.st-andrews.ac.uk/

Informal enquiries are encouraged and should be directed to Professor Peter Cawood (tel: +44 (0)1334 463911, email [log in to unmask]).

Ref No: ME1114

Closing Date: 31 August 2012

Further Particulars ME1114 FPs.doc

School of Geography & Geosciences/Department of Earth and Environmental Sciences
Salary negotiable
Start: January 2013 or by negotiation

*

(2) Lectureship in Environmental Earth Sciences - ME1196

Description: School of Geography & Geosciences/Department of Earth and Environmental Sciences, £37,012 - £45,486 per annum, Start: January 2013 or by negotiation

Details: As part of a continuing investment programme, the Department of Earth and Environmental Sciences invites applications for a Lectureship in Environmental Earth Sciences to teach and establish world-leading research groups.

Candidates will have an outstanding record of innovative internationally recognised research, publications and funding success. Although no restriction is placed on the specific area of expertise, we seek to build on and enhance research expertise in biogeochemistry and Earth Surface Processes.  Exceptional candidates could be considered for appointment at a higher position.

This is one of three posts being advertised within the Department, the other two being a Chair in Environmental Earth Sciences (post ref ME1114) and a Lectureship in Geobiology (post ref ME1195).

Further details are given on http://earthsci.st-andrews.ac.uk/

Informal enquiries are encouraged and should be directed to Professor Peter Cawood (tel: +44 (0)1334 463911, email [log in to unmask]).

Ref No: ME1196

Closing Date: 31 August 2012

Further Particulars ME1196AC FPs.doc

School of Geography & Geosciences/Department of Earth and Environmental Sciences
£37,012 - £45,486 per annum
Start: January 2013 or by negotiation

*

(3) Lectureship in Geobiology - ME1195

Description: School of Geography & Geosciences/Department of Earth and Environmental Sciences, £37,012 - £45,486 per annum, Start: January 2013 or by negotiation

Details: As part of a continuing investment programme and linked to the University’s 600th Anniversary initiative for the Centre for Earth, Life and Oceans, the Department of Earth and Environmental Sciences invites applications for a Lectureship in Geobiology to teach and establish world-leading research groups.

Candidates will have an outstanding record of innovative internationally-recognized research, publications and funding success.  Exceptional candidates could be considered for appointment at a higher position.

This is one of three posts being advertised with the Department, the other two being a Chair in Environmental Earth Sciences (post ref ME1114) and a Lectureship in Environmental Earth Sciences (post ref ME1196). Further details are given onhttp://earthsci.st-andrews.ac.uk/

Informal enquiries are encouraged and should be directed to Professor Peter Cawood (tel: +44 (0)1334 463911, email [log in to unmask]).

Ref No: ME1195

Closing Date: 31 August 2012

Further Particulars ME1195AC FPs.doc

School of Geography & Geosciences/Department of Earth and Environmental Sciences
£37,012 - £45,486 per annum
Start: January 2013 or by negotiation

Dr Yit Arn Teh

University of St Andrews
Irvine Building, North Street
St Andrews, KY16 9AL
Scotland, UK

Telephone: +44 1334 462819
Fax: +44 1334 463949

http://earthsci.st-andrews.ac.uk/profile_yat.aspx

The University of St Andrews is a charity registered in Scotland : No SC013532