Hi Melissa,

What sleeves did you use?  We are piloting Chromebooks next year and I am looking for some good sleeves.

Thanks,

Larry Dougher

Director of Technology

Windsor Southeast Supervisory Union

On Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 10:38 AM, Melissa Hayden-Raley <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
I've avoided cases that were their own backpack / messenger bag / had a
handle.  Most students are still using backpacks for their everyday work,
and so I want to minimize the bulk on a case.  We've bought sleeves, and
they're used with mixed success, but certainly that protection is better
than none.  My preference is to have a carrying case that does not have to
be removed from the device, like a snap-on shell, or a carrying case that
unzips open, but uses elastic straps to stay attached to the corners of
the netbook, so it doesn't have to be removed all the way for occasional
use (though that could cause heat issues if not ventilated).  The
available cases differ by mfr/model, and only a small few netbooks have
available snap-on shells or are the right size for the always-on carry
cases.

And as always... the boring sleeves are the cheapest for netbooks.  There
are a lot more options for iPads.

--Melissa

>does anyone have any opinions on what makes a good case?
>
>is a case that is a backpack a good idea?

Melissa Hayden-Raley
Technology Supervisor
Milton Town School District
Need computer help? http://helpdesk.mtsd-vt.org