From: School Information Technology Discussion [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Bjorn Behrendt
Sent: Thursday, July 26, 2012 9:03 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: AUP and procedures in place for BYOD and opening up youtube, social networks

You are welcome to look at my stuff:  http://www.msjvermont.org/admissions/technology-forms    I want to consolidate the technology AUP's into something no longer than 2 pages and I also want to change it from an opt-in to an opt-out policy.    And to opt-out they will have to physically speak with me first.

If you are going to open up social networks and youtube you probably should include a clause that you have the right to block them without notice if they start providing a negative impact on education, for example youtube eating up all the bandwidth, or what happened at msj with Facebook was that Farmville took over the entire school faster than teacher adoption, so I closed it.

   [log in to unmask] | (802) 772-0003

My Sites

      ~ Google Weekly ~ 37: Edit Documents & Leave Comments Offline   (7/20/2012)

      ~ Teaching Change ~ 3: Transferring Google Docs (6/4/2012)

Get The Year Started With Google Apps 3 credit course Aug 13-17: http://getgoogle.edlisten.com