Thanks for posting. I'm all in favor!

How do you handle push back from schools that have educated parents who
want their kids outside and social, not doing much screentime?

I push small amounts of screentime per week. And lesson plans that have
kids take cameras/tablets outside and do documentation work, and be social.
My other tactic is to say that just because the parents have a computer at
home and are educated and responsible, doesn't mean they are teaching
technology Literacy. You can read to child, but a trained teacher teaches
literacy, reading, writing, source evaluation, etc. Kids need tech literacy
from trained teachers.

And what about gaming? What do you say to a parent who thinks their kids
will just play games all night? It's a new world when schools give kids a
textbook that can also become a comic book.

--
Caleb Clark
Director: *Educational technology program at Marlboro College Graduate