Hello Vermont Birders:

I haven't notice any reports of southbound Semipalmated Sandpipers on the
listserve yet so I thought I would post my sightings from this morning.

The dropping lake level is providing an increasing amount of habitat
attractive to shorebirds at the south end of Shelburne Bay.  From the
public boat access at the mouth of the LaPlatte River this morning I
observed 18 Killdeer, two Spotted Sandpipers, one Least Sandpiper, and my
first-of-the-season Semipalmated Sandpiper.  It was a nice adult in worn
breeding plumage.  At one point the SESA and the Least were within inches
of each other at close range for a great study.

My complete eBird checklist from this morning can be viewed at:

http://ebird.org/ebird/vt/view/checklist?subID=S11162891

Good birding,

Eric Hynes
South Burlington