Here near the summit, two Bicknell's Thrushes continue to trade songs even in the noonday sun and despite the noise of power saws in the nearby Tram Haus. A third bird seems to be on territory just down the other side of the peak. I saw/heard these birds on Sunday but had to return today to make sure I was catching the subtleties of the song -  as opposed to Gray-cheeked Thrush (which is what was confirmed here as a breeding bird during the first Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas before Bicknell' was recognized on its own). The song is Bicknell's to a T! Great views, too, including the yellow lower bill.

Charlotte Bill