Spent the evening at a camp on the southern end of Lake Dunmore last night and was able to watch the Loon family for a couple of hours.  Boating, water skiing & tubing traffic was HEAVY!  but, to my surprise, didn't often cause the male to flap & yodel.  The two chicks alternated between bobbing between the parents, sitting on mother's back, or tucked under her wings.

Watched a Kingbird hawking insects off the water, and a very noisy flock of Goldfinches interrupted our meal. No Eagle or Osprey tho.

Shelagh Smith in Leicester.

PS:  Every morning around 7am I hear a Loon calling while flying from Fern Lake northwards.