Yesterday in the early morning twilight while brilliant Venus chased
bright Jupiter rising above the Green Mountains, with a chorus of frogs
and a soloist Marsh Wren I visited Brilyea Access in Addison.

The water is being lowered (to repair the dam, I believe).  Some mud
flats are beginning to show, with a few shore birds taking advantage.

Show stopper, though were three Red Fox kits gleefully frolicking up and
down a beach, sneaking in and out of the reeds, and bounding after each
other in rolling play without a care in the world!  The Killdeer and
Spotted Sandpipers paid them no attention, being busy with their
breakfasts on the flats.

The list is below,

Ian
=================