At the Dead Creek Birlyea access this afternoon I spotted a Canada Goose with a very pale breast, pale cheek, and a white ring around it's bill. It's appearance suggests possible Greater White-fronted Goose or domestic Greylag Goose DNA, but otherwise appeared to be physically built like a normal Canada Goose. Digiscoped picture:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/60611812@N05/7665190496/

I went there in hopes of finding shorebirds, and did, just not in the numbers I hoped. Only two Least Sandpiper, one Semipalmated Plover, a Wilson's snipe and a handfull of Spotted Sandpiper and Killdeer. Full checklist:

http://ebird.org/ebird/vt/view/checklist?subID=S11227340

 --
Ron Payne
Middlebury, VT