Just a note:  In Milton, VT our Thistle socks and one Sunflower feeder
along with a Suet Feeder are up during the summer as well as all year.
We have a cadre of 15-20 Goldfinches working those socks every day.  The
Suet has sundry visitors besides Hairy and Downy Woodpeckers, which was
interesting, a Blue Jay feeding suet to two fledglings, as well as
Chickadees and a Red-winged Blackbird. Chickadee's do it fairly
regularly, but I had never seen a Red-winged Blackbird use the suet
feeder before.  We occasionally have a couple of Purple Finches that
visit the Sunflower feeder, but they are not regulars and usually come
late spring, middle summer and early fall.
Our Phoebes are about to fledge their 2nd brood.  The first brood
fledged 5, this one is 4.  So far, all boxes that were occupied this
spring have been successful.  Compared to past years this year has been
very successful.  Two families of Tree Swallows fledged 4 from each box,
and a Great Crested Flycatcher fledged 3.  I suspect that two families
of Chickadees fledged their 5-7 young from each box.  Checked the
Chickadee Box when she first laid eggs, but didn't go back later since I
had been stung by a Bumble Bee when I reached into the nest to feel for
the number of eggs. That will teach me!! :-D
I'll wait on that box till the end of the season when the weather cools
down.

Richard Harlow
Arrowhead Lake
Milton, VT