Please excuse any cross-posting.

2012 VIVO Conference: Late Breaking Announcement

We had a wonderful response to our original call for papers for the 2012 VIVO Conference. Thank you so much to everyone who submitted talks and posters; the program is going to be amazing! As in years past, we reserved a few spots in the program for late breaking submissions as a way for attendees to showcase their recent work, an interesting project, or even a poster describing a VIVO implementation or project that can leverage VIVO's rich data. Please consider submitting an abstract. We also welcome you to share this announcement with interested colleagues. The deadline is Friday, July 13 at 5:00pm ET.

Read more at the conference webpage http://vivoweb.org/conference or see details at http://vivoweb.org/files/VIVO%202012%20Late%20Breaking%20Announcement.pdf.

Key Dates:
    Friday, July 13:  Late Breaking Submission Deadline
    Friday, July 20:  InterContinental Room Block Ends
    Tuesday, July 31: Apps Contest Submission Deadline and Regular Registration Rate Ends

VIVO is an open source, open ontology, research discovery platform for hosting information about scientists, their interests, activities, and accomplishments. VIVO supports open development and integration of science through simple, standard semantic web technologies.  Over the past three years, a growing international movement of developers, researchers, administrators, funders, librarians and informaticians has converged around the vision of openly representing research and researchers via Linked Open Data. The 2012 VIVO Conference will explore how to participate in and best take advantage of the emerging Linked Open Data world encompassing and expanding our understanding of research.

Sincerely,
Kristi

Kristi L. Holmes, Ph.D. | Bioinformaticist | Becker Medical Library | Washington University School of Medicine
Outreach Coordinator, VIVO: Enabling National Networking of Scientists  |  http://vivoweb.org
660 S. Euclid, Campus Box 8132, St. Louis, MO 63110 | 314-362-4737 | [log in to unmask]
VIVO profile: http://vivo.wustl.edu/display/n4754