  _____

From: Vermont Municipal Government Discussion Network
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Roxanne N. Creller
Sent: Tuesday, August 21, 2012 3:42 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Digital Voice Recordings at Select Board Meetings

We would like to know if most Municipalities record Select Board Meetings?

We are finding it very tedious and expensive (batteries are expensive -
adaptors generally are not available).  Recording is not mandated by the
State but if you do record the recordings need to be kept for two years.
The digital files take a lot of space on our computers and server.

Please advise.  Thanks in advance.

  Roxanne N. Creller

  Alburgh Town Clerk/Treasurer

  Town of Alburgh