-----Original Message-----
From: Vermont Municipal Government Discussion Network
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Tinmouth, Vermont
Sent: Thursday, August 30, 2012 1:40 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: pre-existing use

Hi All,

I have a new owner of a parcel that once was a gravel pit,
grandfathered as it exisited prior to our adoption of zoning
regulations.  It has not been operated as a gravel pit for at least a
dozen years.  He wants to know what he has to do to sell
gravel.  Doesn't need Act 250 as it meets thier criteria as pre-existing.

We  allow gravel and sand pits as a conditional use.   Does the new
owner need to obtain a conditional use permit?

Our regulations speak to non-conforming uses and structures, but does
not mention this situation - conditional use.

Any thoughts would be most welcome!

Thanks in advance.

:-)
Gail