I'm guessing there aren't many Selectboards who have anything to do with printing the tax bills. I would also be interested in hearing how other towns comply with this rule. I have never heard of it.

Bobbi

At 02:55 PM 8/1/2012, you wrote:
The warrant for current taxes is required under 24 VSA §1521

Mary Jane Grace, Program Technician
Property Valuation and Review Division
Vermont Dept. of Taxes
802-828-6638

From: Vermont Municipal Government Discussion Network [ mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Roberta Dana
Sent: Wednesday, August 01, 2012 2:33 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Current tax warrant

Hi Marsha,
I have the delinquents ones.  This is a warrant from the Selectboard TO the Collector of Current taxes to allow him/her to collect.  It is supposed to be given to the collector along with all the tax bills the Selectboard printed. :-)))
Something new brought to my attention this year.
Thank you though!

Roberta Dana
Groton Town Treasurer
& Collector of Current Taxes