From: Vermont Municipal Government Discussion Network [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Jack
Sent: Wednesday, August 22, 2012 9:27 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Digital Voice Recordings at Select Board Meetings

Salisbury does not - mostly for the same reasons you cite.

On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 3:42 PM, Roxanne N. Creller <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

We would like to know if most Municipalities record Select Board Meetings?

We are finding it very tedious and expensive (batteries are expensive – adaptors generally are not available).  Recording is not mandated by the State but if you do record the recordings need to be kept for two years.  The digital files take a lot of space on our computers and server.

Please advise.  Thanks in advance.

  Roxanne N. Creller

  Alburgh Town Clerk/Treasurer

  Town of Alburgh