I believe the rule is two years after the minutes of the meeting have been filed.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Valerie Capels
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Sent: Wednesday, August 22, 2012 4:26 PM
  Subject: Re: Digital Voice Recordings at Select Board Meetings

  Looking at all the responses, I guess Waitsfield is an oddball that not only records the Selectboard meetings (they're also filmed and aired on local cable), but I upload the recordings to our Web site:

  http://www.waitsfieldvt.us/ftp/

  The main reason is because we have hired someone to assist us with minutes of meetings, and this is a convenient way to provide access to the recordings.  I'll eventually take the older ones off; sounds like two years is the magic number.

  --Valerie

  Valerie Capels, Town Administrator

  Town of Waitsfield

  9 Bridge Street