From: Chater, Maude
Sent: Wednesday, August 01, 2012 11:24 AM
To: 'Mount Tabor'
Subject: RE: Disabled Veterans Property Tax Exemption 2012

Hi Bill,

No, that is not correct.
There were 2 changes to the statute in 2012.
One is that the Vermont Office of Veterans Affairs is verifying eligibility instead of town listers/town clerks, using documentation from the U.S. Dept of Veterans Affairs.
The second change eliminated wartime service for eligibility for this exemption, but a veteran still must qualify on all other aspects of the statute, including the 50% or more disability rating from the U.S. Dept of Veterans Affairs.

I have attached the list that was sent to you previously, of the individuals from Mount Tabor that our office has verified as eligible for the exemption.
Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Maude Chater
Vermont Office of Veterans Affairs
118 State Street
Montpelier, VT 05620-4401