Ryegate's treasurer/tax collector signs and turns a warrant over to the Delinquent Tax Collector after the due date.  I can fax you one, Roberta.Marsha

--- On Tue, 7/31/12, Roberta Dana <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

From: Roberta Dana <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Current tax warrant
To: [log in to unmask]
Date: Tuesday, July 31, 2012, 6:20 PM

Are there any towns out there where the Selectboard
gives a warrant to the Collector of Current Taxes or Treasurer for the
collection of current taxes along with the tax bills?
This is something that was brought to my attention
by the Collector of Delinquent Taxes and is listed as a statute in her handbook
under "levying current taxes".
I have never received a warrant from the
Selectboard in the past but the Delinquent Collector is saying she will not
collect delinquent taxes if I can't show her the document signed and sealed by
our Selectboard.
If you have one and don't mind sharing the document
I would appreciate it.
(I'm definitely getting to old to learn all these
new tricks lol)

Thank you very much!

Roberta Dana
Groton Town