The same thing is happening in Williamstown.  I was wondering what the Secretary of State’s office thinks of this procedure.

From: Vermont Municipal Government Discussion Network [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Wallingford Town Clerk
Sent: Monday, August 06, 2012 11:07 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: early absentee voter ballots

We also, along with Brattleboro, have received requests (filled out by the same person) for absentee ballots from people that we know never request them. I called the people listed on the form and they said they did not authorize the request.  After a few phone calls, I found out that the person signing the form was a campaign worker for the challenger in the Attorney General democratic race.

Anyone else receive these requests?  How is the Secretary of State’s office  “looking into it”?  (Per article in Rutland Herald)

Joyce Barbieri, Town Clerk Wallingford