External audits are not cheap, but worth it.  Corrette & Associates (St. Johnsbury) is our current auditor, Mudget, Jennette, Krough-Wisner (Montpelier) was our previous.  Both are good firms.  Sullivan & Powers (Montpelier) does quite a few as well.

Wendy L. Wilton

Rutland City Treasurer

802-773-1800 x231

From: Vermont Municipal Government Discussion Network [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Susan Covalla
Sent: Wednesday, August 08, 2012 10:59 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: outside auditor

Hi,

The Town of Mount Holly is looking for an outside auditor, and are wondering who other towns have used that they were happy with, and reasonably priced. The quote we got from the ones we used last year seems very high, since they did a complete audit.

Susan Covalla, Mount Holly Town Clerk

my email is: [log in to unmask]