Karen,

Thanks for sharing this. I wonder if you could clarify a few things for me:
Sue

On Thu, Aug 2, 2012 at 8:40 AM, Karen Budde <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
I agree; we should keep this on list.

At Danville we provide 10th-12th graders with a class period in which to have the course and a mentor.  The mentor also has access to the students' grades and makes contact with the online instructors.

Some students work on their online courses during the provided class period, others flex their schedules to work on their online classes at home.

We had tremendous success last year with the VTVLC.  Only one student failed to complete her course and that was due to health reasons.