At MSJ our librarian was the mentor (smaller school) and students worked in the library lab to do their work.   Virtual High School was an actual class with a class period so all of the students took it at the same time of the day. This worked out well for scheduling.   So for larger schools maybe there are 2 or 3 classes specifically VHS.   Our mentor just made sure they were on task during that period, just the same way any other teacher would expect their students to be on task.

   [log in to unmask] | (802) 772-0003
My Sites
 ~ Edlisten.com
      ~ Google Weekly ~ 38: Good by Aviary   (7/27/2012)
      ~ Teaching Change ~ 3: Transferring Google Docs (6/4/2012)

Get The Year Started With Google Apps 3 credit course Aug 13-17: http://getgoogle.edlisten.com