Most laptop thefts are not done by professional thieves that would know to look for programs like Computrace. However in order for it to be effective, you have leave an account open for the thief to turn on the computer, use it, and hopefully hook it up to a network where it can call home. If it is locked down chances are the thief will re-install the OS defeating the software. I very much like the idea of the software, but the cost seems to high for the return.

Chris Moody
Systems Administrator
Springfield School District
802-885-7921