Ha, I spend most of my time herping and can say that it is VERY easy
to spot a herper's car.  If it's parked it will be the one with the
snake bumper stickers as well as nets, hooks, and chest waders in the
back, maybe some minnow traps.  Usually there's a bit of a smell.  On
the road it will be the car that keeps swerving or slamming on the
brakes and pulling off into the ditch at at -5 G's with people jumping
out of it and running across traffic before the vehicle has come to a
complete stop.  We may drive erratically but at least we always keep
our eyes on the road.  Many birders have a hard time keeping the car
between the white and yellow lines, but I won't name names.

Kiley V. Briggs
Rattlesnake Research Technician
The Orianne Society
http://OrianneSociety.org