I feel like I'm missing the boat here...Looking for articles on what is considered appropriate or safe or benchmark staffing levels for utilization review staff (not Case Managers) in an acute-care hospital.  Not hitting the mark, and I feel like I'm not approaching this correctly.

Using

*         Utilization Review (in combination with things like staff, staffing ratios, employees, nurses, staffing levels)

*         Utilization Reviewers

*         Human Resources and Utilization Review
Etc.

Also, am looking in PubMed, CINAHL, HealthBusiness Elite, PubMedHealth, even Cochrane.

Thoughts?
Thank you!  I learn so much from watching this list!

Sue Shelly BSN, MLS
Librarian, John C. Lincoln Health Network
Cowden Center, Grigg Medical Library
9202 North Second Street
Phoenix, Arizona 85020
602.870.6328   Fax 602.997.9325