	*Office of the President*

	September 20, 2012

To: The UVM Community

From:Tom Sullivan, President

Jane Knodell, Provost and Senior Vice President

Subject:Rubenstein School of Environment and Natural Resources

Interim Dean Appointment ? Dr. Jon Erickson

We are pleased to announce the appointment of Dr. Jon Erickson as
Interim Dean of the Rubenstein School of Environment and Natural
Resources. His appointment will begin officially on October 1, but his
work to ensure a successful transition with Dean Mary Watzin will
commence immediately.

Dr. Erickson received his Ph.D. in Natural Resource & Environmental
Economics from Cornell University. He joined the UVM faculty in 2002 and
has served both the School and the University in a number of important
capacities including service as the Managing Director of the Gund
Institute for Ecological Economics, a team leader of the Research for
Adaptation to Climate Change Program of the current NSF EPSCoR grant,
and membership on the Curricular Affairs Committee of the Faculty
Senate. Dr. Erickson?s reach extends well beyond our campus. He has
worked on climate change economics and policy at the national level for
two decades, he is currently completing his term as President of the
U.S. Society for Ecological Economics and he is an international leader
in developing the field of ecological economics. We are confident that
his management experience, leadership skills and his academic career
distinguished by transdisciplinary, collaborative, solution-oriented
work will serve the School well during this time of transition.

We are enormously grateful to Dr. Erickson for his willingness to serve
as Interim Dean. We call on our colleagues across the University ?
especially those within the School itself ? to join us in welcoming Jon
into his new role and in supporting him in the important work he is
undertaking.

cc:Board of Trustees

Rubenstein School of Environment and Natural Resources Board of Advisors

**

--
Tom Sullivan
President