Join us as we monitor a variety of bird species at Missisquoi National
Wildlife Refuge.

This month's Bird Monitoring Walk will be on Saturday, September 15, 2012
on the Stephen Young Marsh Trail.  Meet at 8:00 AM at the parking lot on
Tabor Road, about 1 mile past the refuge Visitor Center.  If you have any
questions, just reply to this email.

The monthly walks will gather long-term data on the presence of birds,
their abundance, and changes in populations. The information we gather will
be entered into the Vermont e-Bird database where data is stored by the
Cornell Lab of Ornithology and the National Audubon Society. These walks
are appropriate for all levels of birders and provide a wonderful
opportunity to learn about birds throughout the seasons. Led by Bridget
Butler and Ken Copenhaver, Friends of Missisquoi National Wildlife Refuge
board members.

After 30 months of walks we have observed 120 species.  Hope to see you
there!

--Ken Copenhaver

For information on other refuge events, visit:
http://friendsofmissisquoi.org/