Morning at Dead creek spent at the marsh at the end of western access
road.- spent about 3 hours  started around 8am.  Had a Dunlin, Least and
fairly sure Semipalmated sandpipers, several Pectoral Sandpiper, along with
lesser and greater yellowlegs.  Later in the morning a paler bird with long
bill, white eye stripe and darker head appeared, that I thought might be
the stilt, but i could not distinguish it enough from a pectoral and the
bill seemed strait but longer than a pectoral's.  I have to say it looks
similar to the bird seen in Ron's recent flicker digiscoped image.  At one
point a female Harrier attempted to catch a yellow legs and failed, and
later in the morning a Peregrine dive bombed a few semipalmated, and chased
them off.  Another birder, Mr. Trombley saw a Rail - I failed to spy it as
it was too quick.  It was nice to meet several birders out this morning.

dan huber