Got a few decent photos of an immature Cooper's Hawk, seen at the Wilder
Dam in Wilder today. Photos here:

http://galleries.creaturekinships.com/?page_id=349&preview=true

Later in the day at home I heard some jays scolding and found them mobbing
an immature Broad-winged Hawk.  They left and a Northern Flicker took up
the harassment, scolding the hawk loudly until it flew away with the brave
Flicker in hot pursuit. We saw a Broad-winged here (in West Norwich)
yesterday- perhaps the same bird. One Blue Jay has learned a perfect
Broad-wing call. I've been fooled many times.

Photos here:

http://galleries.creaturekinships.com/?page_id=329

(Click on the small pictures to enlarge).

Other birds of note in West Norwich in the last 2 days:

At the Beaver Pond:
1 immature Wood Duck
2-3 Black Ducks

At home:

1 Red-eyed Vireo
1 Blue-headed Vireo
1 Black-throated Green Warbler
1 Black-throated Blue "
1 Black and White Warbler (immature)
1 Tennessee Warbler
1 Yellow-bellied Sapsucker (immature)
1 White-breasted Nuthatch
1 Red-breasted Nuthatch
1 Turkey Vulture
Chickadees
Goldfinches
15 Evening Grosbeaks (got a good count yesterday on this flock)

At Pompy and Pompy Flats

1 Northern Flicker
Mallards
3 Blue-winged Teal
3 Phoebe
Turkey Vultures
Canada Geese

Happy Fall Birding!

--
Cindy Crawford

Creature Kinships and Natural Affinities
Animal and Nature Paintings, Portraits and Prints
www.creaturekinships.com
Photos: http://pbase.com/creaturekinships
BLOG: http://creature-kinships.blogspot.com/