This morning's bird walk at the North Branch Nature Center was a productive
one. We had two very cooperative Philadelphia Vireos putting on a show. I
can now say I've seen the inside of a Philly Vireo's mouth! The two birds
were feeding in close proximity to each other, punctuated with frequent
chase scenes and a curious display in which both birds faced each other with
beaks wide open.

Also on the walk were the following warblers.

Magnolia Warbler

Nashville Warbler

Black-and-white Warbler

American Redstart

Black-throated Green Warbler

Common Yellowthroat

Our next walk will be Friday, September 14 at 7:30am here at the North
Branch Nature Center in Montpelier.

Best, Chip

Chip Darmstadt

Executive Director