Attention Northeast hawk watchers!

We hope you are planning to join us for HMANA's upcoming conference on Oct
13-14 at Greenwich Audubon, CT. Early registration ends Oct 1st so please
visit www.hmana.org and register today. More details below.

Also! Last call for participating in our Regional Hawk Watch Session! Take
20 minutes to share. What makes your site special? What are some highlights
from past years? Why is your educational program so successful? Please
consider taking part in this session during the conference, (Saturday, Oct
13) and share info about your monitoring site. We still have room for more
presenters and we'd like to have a nice representation of sites stretching
across the northeast. Please contact me asap if you'd like to participate

HMANA Conference: Counting for the Future - hosted by the National Audubon
Society at the Audubon Center in Greenwich CT  on October 13 and 14.  The
conference is open to both members and non-members of HMANA and will be a
celebration of hawk watching during the peak migration season at one of New
England's oldest hawk watch sites, Quaker Ridge.

The conference will feature an array of scientific presentations, panel
discussions, raptor identification workshops, and field trips to local hawk
watch sites. Keynote speaker for the conference will be Peter Dunne, noted
author and Director of Cape May Bird Observatory. Sponsored by Swarovski
Optik, Mr. Dunne, the author of The Wind Masters and co-author of Hawks In
Flight, will reflect upon 36 years of hawk watching and share the events
that stand out.

Throughout the weekend, conference participants will have an opportunity to
gain greater insight into the conservation challenges facing raptor
populations and to develop the collaborative strategies needed to maintain
stable populations. For more information or to register, visit HMANA's
website at www.hmana.org/Conference2012/

Julie Brown
Monitoring Site Coordinator

Hawk Migration Association of North America
151 Antrim Rd

Hancock, NH 03449

home office: (603) 525-3499 <tel:%28603%29%20525-3499>

cell: (781) 264-0778 <tel:%28781%29%20264-0778>